2000 Hylas 54 Deck Salon
Yacht price :
FOR SALE BY HER ORIGINAL OWNER
"Strella Encore" is a beautifully maintained, semi-custom Hylas 54. Because her owners had planned to do some long distance offshore cruising and racing, she was built to comply with the Offshore Racing Council (ORC) specifications and safety requirements. She is fully equipped with everything from a Leisurefurl Boom to a Side Power Bow Thruster. Fully operational on 110v or 220v.
Custom features include a dedicated workshop and stainless steel topped table, additional aft lazarette storage space, and additional handholds.
New Awlgrip on hull in March 2018.
- 54 Deck Salon
- Sag Harbor, NY, US
- Available for sale in U.S. waters:
- Vessel Name:
- Strella Encore
- Boat Type:
- Hull Material:
- Hull Type:
- Hull Color:
- Flag of Registry:
Dimensions & Weight
- 54 ft - 16.46 meter
- 177 ft - 53.95 meter
- 15 ft 9 in - 4.8 meter
- Draft - max:
- Bridge Clearance:
- Dry Weight:
- Cruise Speed:
- Joystick Control:
- Engine Type:
- Drive Type:
- Fuel Type:
- 100 (Individual), 100 (combined)
- Max Speed:
- Fuel Tank:
- 320 gallons - 1 tank(s)
- Fresh Water Tank:
- 100 gallons - 1 tank(s)
- Holding Tank:
- Total Cabins:
- Total Berths:
- Total Sleeps:
- Total Heads:
- Captains Cabin:
- Crew Cabins:
- Crew Berths:
- Crew Sleeps:
- Crew Heads:
"Strella Encore" has a customized 3 stateroom interior. With a lifetime of offshore sailing experience, her owner made numerous changes to the layout:
- Forward Stateroom: Forward berth was moved to the port side hull, raised to accommodate more stowage, with 60" of width at the head of the berth. Hinged opening beneath the forward mattress for ease of access. Folding step to help access to berth, hanging lockers, deep lockers, and bookshelf. Lee cloth.
- Midships Stateroom: Next aft to port. Upper and lower berths, both with lee cloths. Hanging locker and storage. Lower berth 5" wider at head than standard. Hinged opening to access storage beneath lower berth. Shelf with fiddle and reading light for each berth.
- Forward heads: two heads to starboard with a shared stall shower between them.
- Main Salon: Pilot berth fiddle/leeboard and lee cloth. Starboard settee with a single cushion and hinged access to locker beneath. This makes 2 offshore berths in the main salon. Portside dinette table enlarged and angled 45 degrees. Mounted on two posts for strength. Full wrap around settee and movable seat (slides beneath table) allows enough space for 6-8 at table. Custom mounted racks for binoculars and flashlights. Dedicated shelf for sailing knives.
- Galley/Walkthrough: includes a dedicated wet locker, additional 110vac outlets, large pots and pans cabinet, extra opening port. Custom storage for dishes to keep them secure. Additional lockers from standard, built in knife storage.
- Master stateroom: Slightly offset to starboard, Centerline queen with custom mattress. Lee cloths. Large desk to port, additional locker space. Standard aft opening ports were eliminated for bluewater cruising safety and additional lockers were added in this area. Four large drawers beneath the berth. Additional grabrails overhead for safety. Linen closet. Ensuite head and large stall shower.
- Nav station: Forward facing nav station on port side, aft of salon area. Larger chart table than standard. Leeboard on seat for support for navigator on port tack. Customized lights ensures excellent lighting for navigator with no shadows on table. 12v cigarette lighter outlet, 12v standard outlet and 110v outlet at station. Custom pencil holders and boxes for additional storage.
- Workshop: Located just aft of the Nav station, includes a stainless steel topped 32" wide workbench. Custom tool rack, dedicated spaces for part bins, aerosol cans, and a locker for manuals.
Custom changes to the galley on "Strella Encore" provide her with increased storage.
- Force 10 3 burner stove and oven
- Oven takes both propane and butane
- Corian countertops
- Additional handrails in galley
- Double S/S sinks near centerline
- Hot and cold pressure water
- Fresh water foot pump
- Salt water foot pump (currently disconnected)
- Water tank vents into sink
- Soap and sponge cabinet next to sink
- (2013) 12v Danfoss Refrigeration and Freezer system, air-cooled, 2 units. No thru hull needed, so will run fine when on the hard as well.
- Custom built-in dish storage
- Microwave oven
- Xintex propane sniffer
- Spectra Watermaker 10 gallons/hour
Navigation and Electronics
- Raytheon 7000 ST+ autopilot
- Raytheon RL70 radar
- Furuno GPS
- Icom M700 SSB radio (not currently in use as owner's personal satphone has replaced it)
- Raytheon repeaters at nav station and in master stateroom
- Standard Horizon VHF
- JVC stereo
- Dedicated full size chart drawers
- (2017) ACR Eprib
Cockpit and Deck
Center cockpit with instruments mounted at companionway - no instruments at eye level at helm to interfere with visibility.
- Cockpit table with 2 leaves and 4 cup holders
- 4 padeyes with lifting rings, for harnesses
- Bimini top with custom leather reinforcement to protect stitching
- Separate dodger
- Eisenglass enclosure for 3/4 of the cockpit
- Whale gusher manual bilge pump
Classic teak deck in excellent condition. Coach roof in nonskid. Teak caprails. Additional open chocks in caprail at bow and stern. Cleats moved inboard as original design had them too close to the caprail.
- Maxwell vertical windlass, new motor in 2015
- 66 lb (30kg) Danforth with 230' (70 meters) of chain
- 45 lb (20 kg) CQR with 33' (10 meters) of chain plus rope
- Double anchors rollers keep both anchors at ready
- Stainless steel deck guard to protect deck from chain wear
Other Deck Details:
- Custom larger aft lazarette to starboard, large enough to stow inflatable dinghy
- (2017) 8 ft. inflatable Zodiac dinghy, weighs about 53 pounds
- (2016) 2.5 hp Yamaha outboard engine, weighs about 46 pounds
- Stainless Steel opening ports with screens
- Canvas handrail covers to protect varnish, with weights to keep in place
- Deck is waxed twice a year
- Reverse transom swim platform
- Shower at swim platform
- Storm shutters for salon windows as per OCC/CCA regulations
- Extra padeyes
Sails and Rigging
Strella Encore is cutter rigged. Her double spreader Selden spar is stepped to the keel. She is equipped with Leisureful "In Boom" Furling for the mainsail (allowing for a fully battened mainsail) and Selden roller furling for the headsail. Rigging Inspection in May 2017.
- (2008) North Fully Battened Mainsail
- (2008) 120% North Genoa
- North Staysail
- Storm Jib (never used)
- Storm Staysail (never used)
- (2007) North Gennacker
- (2012) Heavy Weather #1 Jib
(2) Electric Lewmar 66ST primary winches
(2) Electric Lewmar 43ST winches
(2) Lewmar 54ST secondary winches
Lewmar winches for main sheet and jib halyard
Quick release on Inner Forestay (Staysail)
Custom box surrounding mast boot for water protection and storage
- Primarily wired for 110v, but includes 110v or 220v charging
- Cummins 6kw generator with 420 hours
- (2) Engine and generator start batteries (2015)
- (4) House batteries
- (1) Battery for Bow Thruster and Windlass
- (2017) Xantrex 110v Inverter with DC/AC monitor
- (2010) Battery Charger
- (1) 220v outlet
- 12v cigarette lighter outlet at nav station
- 12v outlet at nav station
- 220v outlet at nav station
- 220v to 110v transformer
One important element of the custom design aboard Strella Encore is her workshop. This area was carefully thought out by her owner. The work bench is covered with a S/S plate and surrounded by a 1.5 inch high fiddle. Storage above the bench are exactly 5 inches in depth to accommodate dedicated containers. Another area is customized to hold 10 inch high aerosol cans with 3" diameters. Outlets, lighting, other drawers, and a tool rack were also specifically designed for the area. One opening port and a fan provide ventilation. There is also a dedicated holder for the companionway board located here.
Strella Encore was constructed with a Twaron Hull: "an engineered fiber that has several times the strength of normal steel and is 60% lighter and two times stronger than normal fiberglass products. Its principal benefit is to add significant puncture resistance, providing greater peace of mind for the offshore venturer. This also provides a moderately lighter laminate than many boats, with far greater strength. Lighter and stronger structures are really important values in a performance cruising boat. Excessive weight is the enemy of performance and comfort at sea. More weight means bigger rigs, higher stresses, bigger winches... the list goes on and on. Our construction methods provide more usable space for you, your guests and all the gear and provisions you need for long passages, while most importantly, providing you with the strongest hull that modern technology permits."
Side Power Bow Thruster (added in 2002/2003)
3 bladed Max feathering prop (fully serviced and renewed in 2017)
Tankage: Custom specified for long distance cruising with a watermaker:
- Fuel: 6 tanks with a total of 320 gallons
- Water: 2 tanks with a total of 100 gallons
Watermaker: 110v Spectra watermaker, 10 gallons per hour. Spare parts and pump included.
2 manual Whale bilge pumps (as per OCC and CCA requirements): one inside and one outside
2 automatic bilge pumps
Spares are too numerous to list, but include: 4 spare injectors, all pumps and seals for engine, belts and pulleys, parts for heads, parts for winches, components for the water supply, spare lines, spare sailing gear parts, tools for opening shackles and other sailing hardware.
Numerous tools included
"Strella Encore" is a beautifully maintained, semi-custom Hylas 54 for sale by her original owners. Because her owners planned to do some long distance offshore cruising and racing, she was built to comply with the Offshore Racing Council (ORC) specifications and safety requirements: "Yachts must be completely self-sufficient for very extended periods of time, capable of withstanding heavy storms and prepared to meet a serious emergency without the expectation of outside assistance." Therefore, she was fitted with such extras as positive locking floorboards, storm shutters for windows, additional bilge pumps, additional grabrails, etc.
Her owners visited the factory during construction to insure all changes were implemented and to inspect quality of work.
Her inventory includes:
- Leisurefurl Boom
- 4 Electric Lewmar Winches
- Custom Designed Dedicated Workshop
- Max Prop
- Side Power Bow Thruster
- Full 110v and 220v capability
- Spectra Watermaker
In the March of 2018, her hull was repainted with Awlgrip and new anti-fouling was applied. She looks stunning!
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.