Basic Boat Info
Engines / Speed
- Make: Yanmar
- Model: 4JH3-HTE
- Drive Type: Direct
- Fuel: Diesel
- Engine Power: 100hp
- Type: Inboard
- Propeller Type: 3 Blade, Bronze, Feathering
- Year: 2005
- Engine Hours: 3125
- Engine Location: Center
Like all IP485's, "DANCING ON THE EDGE" has a tremendous amount of living space and enough storage to hold just about everything needed for a circumnavigation. The thoughtfully laid out interior is bright, spacious and secure. Three air conditioning units (all new in 2020), plus a Maspower generator, make climate control anywhere simple and easy.
Her functional deckplan, cutter rig, and cockpit configuration make her the perfect boat for short-handed long distance sailing. Features such as a broad anchor platform and the spacious stern platform,with dual boarding steps,help to enhance this yacht's appeal.
The large aft deck is perfect for sunbathing; set up a folding table and you have an impromptu dining area, as well as enough space to accommodate a 10’dinghy. The heavy work of placing the dingy on deck is done with the use of the “Extendo-Boom” option. With the push of a button, your dingy is out of the water and swung on deck. Storage bins on either side of the aft deck hold LPG bottles and miscellaneous gear. The side decks are uncluttered with raised bulwarks forward,and cabin top handrails provide for security on deck.
Below decks, you’ll be immediately impressed by the panoramic view from the open main salon, which flows to a galley that can only be described as a chef's dream. Spacious forward and aft cabins with private heads, high-end wood joinery, a multi-use third cabin with an office desk, swing-out stool and washing machine, plus a navigation center worthy of the Starship Enterprise are some of the many features that set this Island Packet 485 apart from the competition.
"DANCING ON THE EDGE" is very well equipped, mechanically well maintained, and ready to continue delivering cruising memories to a couple or family ready to expand their horizons.
This yacht is equipped with every available factory option, including bow thruster, electric Harken winch package,Extendo-boom (for lifting and swinging your dinghy out of the water and on to the aft deck), polished SS Dorade vents, and rubrail. The bimini/dodger combo has full enclosure panels and the cockpit cushions have open cell backrests for comfort at anchor. A custom Kato arch has davits and engine hoist built in and serves as home for the wind generator, solar panels, antennas and stereo speakers. All sail control lines run to the cockpit for ease of handling, with the knot,wind and depth instruments (all new 2023) mounted above the companionway and the radar/chart plotter (also new 2023) mounted at the helm.
When entering the bright airy Salon your first impression is how spacious this area is. The combination of the light-colored cushions, plenty of natural light and the ability to stow the dinette table against the forward bulkhead help to make the salon feel open and spacious. With the dinette table down and fully extended you can comfortably entertain a large group. Two smaller "wine and cheese" tables sit on posts on either side of the saloon which can be easily removed and stowed when not needed. If extra bunks are needed to accommodate additional overnight guests, the starboard settee pulls out and converts to a double berth. The salon cushions are covered with beige Ultra-Leather and the cabin soles are solid teak and oak strips, providing a striking contrast. Peek-a-Boo shades are on all ports throughout the yacht and custom curtains cover the larger windows. A total air conditioning package of three units (all new 2020) provides plenty of cold air or reverse-cycle heat to the yacht. Carpet sets cover the solid teak and oak sole while Ultra-Suede cushion covers protect the main saloon cushions.
The Navigation Station is aft of the salon on the port side. It features a high-back swivel seat and a desk with storage tray. The navstation area houses the AC/DC panel,electronics,and a wet hanging locker. An E-80 Raymarine MDF dominates the electronics panel alongside the VHF.
The large Galley is located on the starboard side between the companionway and the aft cabin. Whether you are doing long-distance cruising or entertaining at the docks,the galley does it all. The galley is equipped with two (2) refrigerator/freezers, each with separate compressors and controls, enabling the owner to make either box a refrigerator or freezer. There is also a separate pull-out refrigerated drink drawer with dedicated controls. The three-burner Force 10 LPG stove w/oven and broiler has sealed burners for easy cleaning, as well as a retracting door to prevent tipping when gimballed. On the inboard island is plenty of open counter space. To finish this area there is a deep double bowl sink, freshwater hand pump, microwave oven and a storage cabinet for additional items. The Corian countertops are beautifully finished with a one-piece integrated fiddle to aid in cleaning and keeping a neat and orderly galley while underway. The cabin sole is made of molded nonskid for easy maintenance and a sure-footed feel.
Moving aft you enter the Owner's Stateroom. The focal point of this cabin is an upgraded queen-sized island berth. Again, this is a very bright and airy cabin with lots of headroom. There are (6) opening ports and a large overhead hatch to provide both natural ventilation and light. On the starboard side is a built-in chair flanked by large cedar-lined hanging lockers and shelved storage. There is a large pull-out drawer beneath the berth and the top of the berth lifts open, with the assistance of gas struts, to provide access to a large blanket storage area. Access to the large aft deck locker is also provided through a gasketed door on the aft bulkhead.
The Owner's Head is located on the port side. It features a freshwater flushed VacuFlush toilet, molded shower stall,with a seat and folding acrylic door, a vanity with a one-piece molded countertop, shelves, a mirror and plenty of ventilation.
The comfortable Forward Stateroom offers a double island berth, lockers, shelves to port and starboard, excellent ventilation and direct access to the Guest Head. Like the aft cabin, the top of the berth lifts to reveal a large “blanket bin” and there are two pull-out drawers beneath. Excellent ventilation and natural light make the forward stateroom a wildly comfortable space to spend time.
The Guest Head is accessible from both the forward stateroom and the Salon. The countertop is a one-piece acrylic with molded-in fiddles and a stainless-steel sink. The head has a VacuFlush unit with a dedicated fresh water flush tank. The large shower stall has a bi-fold acrylic door and a teak seat.
The Third Cabin is the most functional space on the boat. It has a large “L”-shaped countertop and plenty of cabinets and drawers for spares and supplies, including new custom cabinets added in 2020 for even more versatility. A Splendide washer/dryer combo sits under the countertop.
Deck,Rigging and Sails
- Cutter rig with in-mast furling mainsail (new2018), staysail, and 110% Yankee (headsails original)
- Quantum asymmetric spinnaker
- Hoyt self-tacking boom for staysail
- Staysail sheet led to cockpit through stoppers to Harken 48E electric winch
- Harken furling unit on Yankee sail
- Harken furling unit on staysail with furling line led to cockpit cleats
- Two (2) electric primary winches (Harken62-2,2-speed)
- Electric mainsheet winch (Harken48E)
- Rigid boomvang
- Spare main and jib halyards
- Mast rails
- Magma grill
- Custom cockpit canvas dodger/bimini with enclosure panels and aft sun shades
- Swim ladder
- Kato arch with antennas, D-400 wind generator (new 2021),engine lift and dnghy davits
- Highfield 34 dinghy with Yamaha 20HP outboard (new 2021)
- Lofrans Falkon electric windlass (new 2020) with FX55 Fortress primary anchor and 300' of hi-test chain; secondary anchor Rocna 40# with rope and chain rode; storm anchor is a Mantus 90 with 200’ of chain
- Factory Extendo-boom option for lifting the dinghy
- Hot and cold stern shower
- Safety gear, including LifeSling, lifejackets, bell,etc.
- Winslow Global Rescue 6 - Person Liferaft
- Covers for pedestal, hatches and fixed windows
- Tri-Color masthead light
- Frisbee TV antenna on mast
- Complete deck awning system
ELECTRONICS, COMMUNICATIONS, ELECTRICAL AND MECHANICAL Navigation/communication:
- Raymarine Axiom 12” Pro S MFD at helm (new 2023)
- Raymarine Axiom + 12” MFD at nav station (new 2023)
- Raymarine Evolution EV400 Sailing Vessel Autopilot pack with P70S control head (new 2023)
- Raymarine AIS 500 Class B transceiver
- ICOM 610 VHF radio (new 2023)
- Starlink marine internet satellite system (new 2022)
- 2 x 400 watt solar panels (new 2023)
- Victron MPPT controllers (new 2023)
- 2 x IP67 chargers (new 2023)
- Victron MultiPlus 2 charger/inverter (new 2023)
- Victron Cerbo GX (new 2023)
- 800 amp hour LiPo battery bank for the “house” (new 2020)
- 50 AMP and 30 AMP shorepower connectors
- MasPower 8 kW genset with under 1100 hours at time of listing
- Dedicated genset starting battery, Dedicated engine start battery; Dedicated pair of batteries for the thruster/windlass
- Charles Marine Isolation Transformer
- D-400 wind generator (new 2021)
- Yanmar 4JH3-TE 100 HP diesel engine with upgraded belt system. Approx 3150 hours at time of listing; (prop shaft, cutlass bearing and dripless shaft seal all new 2020)
- Filter Boss fuel filtration system
- Sidepower 7HP bow thruster (rebuilt 2020)
- Max-Prop3-blade feathering prop
- Python drive on engine shaft
- Rainman 110V 37gal/hr watermaker system (new 2022)
- Custom pump set up allows refilling flush tank from freshwater tanks
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.