Basic Boat Info
Engines / Speed
- Make: Yanmar
- Model: 3YM20FC
- Drive Type: SailDrive
- Fuel: Diesel
- Engine Power: 21hp
- Type: Inboard
- Propeller Type: 2 Blade, Bronze, Folding
- Year: 2006
- Engine Hours: 600
- Engine Location: Center
Working Sail Area : 558 sq ft
- Mainsail is 311 sq ft and 9-oz Soft Norlam, full-batten by North Sails
- Headsail is 247 sq ft and 9-oz Soft Norlam with vertical battens
- Vessel is equipped with a pole for holding out the jib when sailing deep angles.
- Mast partner dress boot, companionway door storage bag are Sunbrella "Linen & Toast"
- Interior cushions are Ultrasuade - color Eucalyptus
- Cockpit/salon table cover is Sunbrella "Toast"
- Cockpit cushions are Sunbrella "Sea Spray"
Fixed Fin Keel with bulb and Carbon Spade rudder
Keel Type: Shoal Draft
Ballast: 4,110 lbs
Max Draft: 5' 3"
The M36, designed by Sparkman & Stephens, is a 36' traditional, classic styled boat intended for short or single-handed sailing. Whether you are going for a day sail or a weekend, this S&S design produced with Morris Yachts quality and the latest in engineering materials will deliver performance sailing that is fun, comfortable, and simple. It is a classically designed yacht of moderate proportions, timeless sheer and long graceful overhangs.
A modest cabin is incorporated into the design which contains a day head, a galley with galley with sink, refrigerator and storage space for provisions. The port and starboard settees are carefully designed for lounging or sleeping. Generous storage can be found in the forepeak. An alternative layout converts the forepeak space into a v-berth.
Below deck, "Masquerade" is finished in Herreshoff-style with Mahogany trim and white bulkheads. A small galley to starboard offers a stainless steel sink with fresh water, a 12v refrigerator and lots of dry storage behind sliding doors. To port is an enclosed head with manual Raritan toilet (connected to a gravity holding tank),Corian countertop with fresh water and more storage in two drawers and sliders outboard of stainless bowl. Amid ship are two opposing setees with seating for 6. A removable tapered pedestal fits into the teak and holy cabin sole socket to mount the high gloss-varnished teak dining table. A second socket is mounted in the teak cockpit sole if the table is desired there. When not in use, the table can e stored in its custom canvas bag and stowed.
Two high gloss Mahogany louvered doors close off the space between the main salon and large storage area under the foredeck. This area is great for storing additional sails/gear or could be finished with a v-berth and cushions if one desired to use the boat for cruising.
Communications - Icom
* M402A VHF Radio mounted on the forward facing galley bulkhead on starboard side
* HM-157B Command Mic with jack and clip mounted on the forward side of the cockpit line pocket outboard of the helm.
* Metz VHF mast head antenna
Sailing Instruments - Raymarine
* ST60 Wind display mounted on port side of trunk cabin
* Tridata display for boat speed, depth, trip log and water temperature mounted on the starboard side of the trunk cabin.
* GPS color Plotter Raymarine HybridTouch
* Autopilot Raymarine ST6001 S1 interfaced with the GPS and mounted on port side of cockpit combing, outboard of helm.
* Stereo Alpine AM/FM stereo receiver and CD player with pair of 6" speakers in main cabin and second pair of waterproof speakers in cockpit. The stereo is XM -ready.
HULL -Hand laid composite hull - 2 piece construction (from fiberglass 2-part tooling)
* Layers of fiberglass and 3/4" structural foam core material are hand laminated and hand-rolled with Hydrex Vinylester resin.
* Hull is reinforced with two pair of continuous longitudinal structural foam stringers fiber-glassed to the hulls interior.
* A fiberglass reinforced "L" frame keel floor is laminated into the hull and bunk faces.
* All major bulkheads are glassed into the hull before it is removed from the mold. Non-structural bulkheads and furniture are affixed with a 3M urethane adhesive.
* Additional layers of fiberglass, hull reinforcement and stiffening includes a reinforced fiberglass mast step, engine mounts, chain-plate gussets and a matrix of Marine plywood bulkheads and bunk faces.
DECK - Reinforced fiberglass foam core, one-piece construction.
* All deck hardware and deck fittings are drilled, tapped, bedded and thru-bolted completely through the deck using backing plates and/or washers where appropriate.
RUDDER - The spade rudder is carbon fiber laminated around carbon/epoxy rudder post and an internal reinforcing frame. An upper stuffing box bearing is installed at the hull penetration and a third bearing supports the top of the rudder post at the deck.
PROPULSION SYSTEM - Engine
* Yanmar model 3YM20FC 21 horsepower 3-cylinder freshwater-cooled 4-stroke diesel.
* Engine hour meter reads approximately 600 hrs.
* Sail drive/transmission is model SD20 by Yanmar with reduction ratio 2.64 to 1
* Propeller is a 15" diameter x 10" pitch, left-handed FLEX-O FOLD 2-blade folding prop
Fuel - The single 12 gallon aluminum diesel tank is located in the starboard cockpit locker and mounted on the forward bulkhead. The tank is fitted with an inspection port and tied into the bonding system. There is a WEMA tank sensor and gauge located outboard of the main breaker panel.
Water - The single 20 gallon polyethylene fresh water tank is located under the aft end of the port settee. Water is available via a manual hand plunger and faucet on the sink. The boat has a cockpit shower powered by a Shurflo 12v fresh water pump. A telescoping shower head with hose and control valve is located in the cockpit line cubby.
Head - The head is fitted with a raw water Raritan manual toilet and pumps directly into a 20 gallon polyethylene holding tank (gravity). Alternatively, the discharge thru-hull can be closed and waste can be alternatively extracted through a deck fitting shore-side pump out station. A 12v Snake River gauge is located on the bulkhead vanity face to check the holding tank level status.
The vessel is equipped with an Isotherm BI 4112 12v DC refrigeration system. The ice box is lined with stainless steel and has a volume of 41 liters and utilizes a Danfoss BD35F compressor and the temperature range is 42 degrees F to 5 degrees F.
The Spar was fabricated by Hall Spars and is Carbon fiber with double aluminum spreaders. Spar is fitted with Leisure furl coastal system mast tracks and fittings.
- I = 38'08"
- P = 41' 03"
- J = 12' 09"
- E = 15' 01"
- Mast height (above waterline) = 49' 08" (add 2' 06" for antennas)
- Bridge clearance = 52' 02" min
- Boom is aluminum and by Leisure Furl Coastal systems
- Mast, boom and spreaders are finished in Awlgrip "Oyster white"
- Roller furling headstay is by Harken
- Backstay adjuster is by SailTec and is hydraulic
Primary Anchor - Bruce 20lb
- 6' of 5/16 HT G-40 chain
- 100' of 1/2" 3-strand Nylon spliced to chain
- Bitter end tied off in anchor locker padeye
This vessel is equipped with a 12v DC battery charging system. The 12v system is energized from a 12v house battery bank which is charged by a 90 amp engine alternator.
* House Battery Bank - 2 Group 27 AGM batteries rated for 90hrs each.
* Engine Starting Battery - 1 12v starting battery (rated at 800 cranking amps)
* Solar Panel - Removable Solar panel plugs into waterproof DC plug that powers a 7 amp battery charge controller and feeds the house battery bank.
* Main 12v distribution panel is fitted with a BTM panel to provide battery status and includes individual breaker switches for all 12 v functions.
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.