Basic Boat Info
Engines / Speed
- Make: Volvo
- Model: D2-40
- Drive Type: SailDrive
- Fuel: Diesel
- Engine Power: 40hp
- Type: Inboard
- Propeller Type: 3 Blade, Bronze
- Year: 2016
- Engine Hours: 171
- Engine Location: Center
- Composite hull infused with Hydrex Vinylester resin with Balsa core. Core is removed or replaced with high density core in areas with through hull fittings.
- S&S designed performance shoal draft keel with 5’ draft
- Composite longitudinal stringers and transverse keel floors for hull stiffness
- All marine plywood structural bulkheads are glassed to hull and deck
- Non-structural bulkheads, cabin sole, bunk tops, etc. are built from balsa cored Decolite panels to reduce weight in the interior
- Carbon fiber spade rudder with carbon rudder post
- Awlgrip “Flag Blue” topsides with Cream bootstripe and gold leaf cove stripe
- Red bottom paint
- Infused fiberglass composite deck with closed cell foam core
- High density core replaces the standard core in areas of deck hardware and through hull fittings.
- Oyster White gelcoat with light tan non-skid.
- Varnished teak toe rail with custom stainless steel chocks integrated into toe rail for bow, stern and midship lines (bow chocks are open for easier access to mooring pennants).
- Quarter sawn teak decking on side decks and foredeck.
- Custom varnished teak handrails on cabin top with stainless steel mounts
- Varnished teak eyebrow and dorade boxes
- Accon Marine stainless steel pull up cleats (12” at bow and 10” for midships and aft cleats).
- Stainless steel folding padeyes for fenders with stainless chafe strips on toe rail (3 each side)
- Removable stand up turning blocks for gennaker sheets
- Large stainless steel Manship deck hatch in foredeck and smaller hatches overhead in head and galley.
- Custom skylight in trunk cabin forward of companionway
- (2) Stainless steel 4” cowl vents mounted on varnished teak dorade boxes with SS dorade guards
- Large recessed anchor locker in foredeck with flush hatch for storage of anchor and pivoting anchor fitting when recessed back under deck
- Large forepeak storage area with flush deck hatch to starboard of anchor locker with storage for fenders, lines, boat hook and boarding ladder
- All controls for cruising sails, main halyard and main furling line are led below deck to rope clutches and electric winches located at control pods in the cockpit within easy reach of the helmsperson along with controls for jib furler and jib sheet.
- Winch pockets for line storage aft of primary winches
- Forward of the control pods are spacious port and starboard cockpit seats. The seats are over six feet in length and comfortably suitable for seating six adults or taking a nap. Hatches on all three cockpit seats allow access to below-decks storage.
- Teak decking on cockpit sole and cockpit seats.
- Removable teak foot block for helmsman on centerline
- Varnished teak cladding on inside of cockpit coamings and dodger dam
- Foot button controls for bow thruster and main sheet in and out under wheel
- Varnished teak cockpit table with folding leaves and integrated storage and footrest – table is removable for racing and includes padded cover
- Custom table storage lift out incorporates drink holders and place for wine bottle on underside
- Upgraded cockpit cushions upholstered in Sunbrella “Chertres Mist” and include removable backrest cushions.
- Sunbrella pedestal and wheel cover.
- Dodger with stainless steel bows with aft handrail with elkhide cover.
- Saloon style removable varnished teak companionway doors.
- Saloon style removable companionway screen doors with storage bag
- Varnished teak dodger coaming with four Garmin GMI-20 instrument displays
- Alpine waterproof cockpit speakers
- Cockpit shower with hot and cold pressure water mixing valve in port winch pocket
- Stainless steel recessed drink holders by winches port and starboard at helm
- Custom Morris helm pedestal with Edson teak rimmed stainless steel destroyer style wheel and wheel lock
- Helm pedestal integrates single lever engine control, engine control panel, hydraulic control panel for backstay and vang and VHF remote mic.
- Removable deck plate for access to top of rudder for emergency tiller
The comfortable, spacious and open interior is finished in a warm satin finished full cherry interior. The white painted wooden v-groove overhead and gloss finished teak plank cabin sole add to the traditional aesthetic.
Immediately to starboard at the base of the companionway is a small but complete galley with an enclosed head with shower opposite to port. The main area of the interior incorporates port and starboard settees designed for comfortable lounging or sleeping. A large cherry drop-leaf table incorporates liquor storage and silverware drawers and invites gracious dining. A modern custom skylight above the dining table, a large opening hatch over the berth and eight large fixed portlights provide great natural lighting and ventilation.
Twin end tables with storage lockers below and lockers with shelves outboard are built in at the forward end of the settees separating the main salon area and the large forward berth. A hanging locker forward of the head and lockers outboard at the forward and aft end of the settees provide additional storage. Open shelves outboard at the center point of the settees provide space for books, etc.
- Located aft to starboard.
- Isotherm top loading 12VDC refrigerator with stainless steel liner and wire basket.
- Eno two burner propane cooktop with Trident propane fume detector and remote shut off
- Corian counter top.
- Slide out trash bin below cooktop.
- Custom shelving and dividers to maximize storage space.
- Mirror-polished stainless steel undermounted sink with chrome single lever mixer faucet.
- Storage shelf above counter on aft bulkhead
- 12v and 110v outlets
- Single bay handrail at companionway
- Overhead opening hatch with integrated retractable screen/shade on cherry frame
- Overhead red/white LED dome light and LED rod light over counter
- Hella turbo fan for additional ventilation
- Forward cabin centerline berth with storage below the berth. Matching bureaus port and starboard with outboard lockers divide the berth from the main cabin
- Large overhead stainless steel hatch over berth and two dorades with interior airflow controls provide excellent ventilation
- Varnished cherry shelves outboard of berth port and starboard
- LED bulkhead mounted reading lights
- Located aft to port opposite galley
- Varnished cherry trim.
- Varnished cherry counter top with undermounted polished stainless steel sink.
- Scandvik mixer valve with hand held shower head.
- Molded fiberglass floor pan with integral shower sump and electric drain pump.
- Shower enclosure (folds out from forward bulkhead and stores when not in use).
- Mirror on forward bulkhead.
- Storage in lockers outboard and aft of sink and in large drawer under counter
- Stainless steel overhead hatch with integrated retractable screen/shade in cherry frame
- Overhead LED dome light
- Tecma electric macerating toilet with Tech-Edge holding tank monitor
- Stainless steel towel bar
- Volvo D2-40 Saildrive unit, 40HP FWC marine diesel engine.
- Volvo three bladed folding propeller
- Volvo engine mount pan – fiberglass.
- Volvo instrument panel at the helm with:
- Start/Stop button, Audible alarms for cooling water, high temperature, low lube oil pressure, and Saildrive water flow.
- Tachometer with digital display for hour meter and other engine data.
- Edson single lever engine control located on the pedestal.
- Engine box is fitted with Soundown Vinyl/Foam composite noise reduction insulation.
- Volvo spares kit and service manual.
- Racor primary fuel filter/water separator.
- 40-gallon aluminum fuel tank w/SS deck fill.
- Cruz-Pro electronic calibrated tank gauge.
FRESH WATER SYSTEM
- 50-gallon fresh water capacity.
- SS deck fill.
- ShurFlo pressure water system pump.
- Quick 6.5 gallon SS water heater plumbed to engine heat exchanger and 110VAC.
- Whale water system filter.
- Cruz-Pro multi-tank gauge system.
- Tecma macerating marine toilet.
- 20-gallon Polyethylene waste holding tank with deck pumpout and gravity drain to seacock for overboard discharge.
- Tech-Edge external tank level monitor.
- 12VDC bilge pump with removable strainer and automatic float switch.
- Whale Gusher 10 manual bilge pump located near helm in cockpit.
STEERING AND RUDDER
- Edson wire rope/chain steering system.
- Carbon fiber/epoxy rudder with carbon fiber rudderpost.
- Emergency tiller.
- (2) Mastervolt Lithium-ion 24V-5000 house batteries (new 2019)
- Optima engine start battery. (new 2019)
- Balmar 24 VDC alternator with multi-stage regulator for battery charging.
- BEP 24/12 VDC / 110 VAC distribution panel.
- Mastervolt Chargemaster 24/80-3 house battery charger. (new 2019)
- Mastervolt Mac 24/12-50 DC to DC charger for start battery (new 2019)
- 110V shore power system with outlets, SS power inlet, and 50ft x 30 amp cord.
- Zinc saver galvanic isolator on AC system ground wire.
- (6) wall mounted stainless steel LED reading lights in main salon and forward berth
- Stainless steel LED spotlight above salon table
- Stainless steel LED dome lights in head, galley and engine compartment
- LED strip lights (two in galley, one in head over sink)
- Cockpit boom light on furling boom
- LED spreader lights
- Foredeck light
ELECTRONICS & NAVAGATION:
- Garmin GPSMap 8212 12” chartplotter/radar display mounted at helm (new 2019)
- Garmin 18” 4 kW HD radome with stainless steel mast bracket (new 2019)
- (4) Garmin GMI multifunction instrument displays mounted on seahood over companionway for speed, wind and depth information (new 2019)
- Garmin Reactor autopilot with GHC autopilot control head (new 2019)
- Garmin 200 VHF and GHS10 handset installed at helm (new 2019)
- NMEA 2000 interface between Volvo engine and Garmin display for engine information
- Fusion MS-UD750 stereo with Bluetooth iPod docking station (new 2019)
- Poly Planar speakers in cabin, Alpine waterproof speakers in cockpit and Retrosound Sub8100 subwoofer and amplifier
SAILS, SPARS & RIGGING:
- Hall Spars high Modulus carbon fiber mast
- Fractional rig with swept back spreaders
- EC6 carbon standing rigging
- Kevlar backstay
- LED spreader lights in lower spreaders
- Leisurefurl furling boom with carbon luff track on mast and LED boom light (new 2019)
- Harken stainless steel hydraulic boom vang
- Harken stainless steel hydraulic backstay adjuster
- Harken Radial 50 STP electric self-tailing two speed primary winches (main halyard, main sheet, main furler)
- Harken Radial 46 STP manual self-tailing two speed secondary winches
- Antal Double V-Grip rope clutches for lines at primary winches
- Harken 46 STP halyard winch on mast
- Carbon fiber headstay extrusion
- Reckman hydraulic jib furler with manual backup
- Preventer line with padeyes on deck and separate bale on boom
- North 3Di 760 Endurance full batten mainsail for Leisurefurl boom
- North 3Di 760 Endurance furling jib with UV cover on leach
- North 3Di 780 Endurance 105% AP furling jib (2016)
- North Code Zero with Future Fibers PBO torsion line and Karver KF2 furler
- GROUND TACKLE:
- Delta 35 lb. anchor w/150’ nylon, 15’ of chain.
- Anchor deployment system w/manually rotating arm and integral anchor roller in foredeck locker.
- Lewmar V2 SS windlass with rope/chain gypsy.
- Salt water wash-down system with SS spigot located in the anchor locker.
- Docking Lines and Fenders (with fleece covers)
- Aluminum boat hook.
- Carbon monoxide alarm in main cabin
- (3) portable fire extinguishers with engine compartment fire port
- Canvas cabin sole cover
- Canvas cover for cockpit and truck cabin (hangs from boom and secures to deck to protect varnish and keep cockpit clean when not in use)
- Canvas cockpit awning (hands over boom to provide shade to cockpit when not under sail)
- Canvas storage bag for removable cleats and blocks
- Removable cushions for sitting on foredeck on either side of mast
- Folding stainless steel boarding ladder with storage in forepeak locker.
- Tool kit
- Engine spars kit
- Life jackets
- Fenders with fleece covers
- Dock lines
- Boat hook
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.